When searching for the right job or in preparation for the next career step, five things are essential:
- What kind of experiences and knowledge, which skills and strengths do you have to offer? A prospective employer has to be able to easily recognize who you are and which specific strengths you bring to the table.
- Furthermore it is significant that you have a clear idea of the type of activity and which (kind of) employer you would like to work with. Which sort of work environment do you need to become your most productive and comfortable self? Ultimately: what are your overall career goals? Factors that you should never let of sight can be for example salary, your position in the company and the employer's public image.
- Follow a job search strategy that suits you. We recommend utilizing a combination of different strategies, such as reacting to publicly advertized job notifications, directly approaching employers that interest you, and building and making use of a broad network. This may include that you establish new contacts either personally or in online networks (such as Xing or LinkedIn), reactivate connections you have made in the past or present yourself on career fairs.
- Prepare your application documents professionally. This means: avoid any form or spelling errors and find a clear structure. Particularly, become as conrete as possible in what you want to say and refer only to facts that are relevant to the employer.
- Whatever you do to create a new career path: Do it with the right attitude! This means: patience, dedication, professional and friendly behaviour and most of all - self-confidence.
Head of Dual Career Service
Room EB 326, 3rd Floor
Straße des 17. Juni 145
Tel. +49 (0)30 314 - 75871
e-mail query 
Tuesdays to Thursdays
9:00 - 16:00
Zusatzinformationen / Extras
Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe
This site uses Matomo for anonymized webanalysis. Visit Data Privacy for more information and opt-out options.
Copyright TU Berlin 2008